Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
- What are the likely reasons for a technical SEO audit?
- Step 1: Perform manual checks
- Step 2: Crawl the website and start the analysis
- Step 3: Review Google Search Console and Analytics
- Step 4: Identify Problems With Crawlability and Indexation
- Step 5: Review On-Page Elements
- Step 6: Image Optimization
- Step 7: Dig Deeper into Internal Links
- Step 8: Review External Links
- Step 9: Analyze Page Performance and Site Speed
- Wrapping Up
Manual webpage auditing is excellent for carefully assessing how the different website templates are designed or built, but of course, to properly audit and identify issues in bulk, there is nothing like a full crawl of the website.
All crawl errors flagged by SEO Tools should be manually checked on the website code source and page content or cross-checked with other tools’ reports to validate potential issues.
Ae you wondering why a specific segment within a client website is performing poorly and hardly getting any organic traffic? check out the internal linking report on your favorite SEO tool and you may be surprised with the findings:
There are many good tools in the market at the moment. Some are premium, but other ones, like Website Auditor, from SEO Powersuite, are very affordable.